RE: Firefox is a slow pig

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 17:02:18 -0400

Eeeeek!  Teenagers with admin access!  Whenever I get asked advice about
what might be ailing someone's home computer, one of the first questions
I ask is if they have teenagers in the household.  No surprise to me, 9
times out of 10 they say yes.  I then answer "there is your problem".

For some reason, teenagers just seem to "have to have" every little
software add-on that they know of.  Give them 20 minutes with admin
access on a computer here, and I'll find AIM, Yahoo Messenger, and all
sorts of similar programs installed on the computer.

My personal favorite is Kazaa, what a piece of work that is...  If I see
the icon for that program on a computer, I'll immediately run a virus
check.  Just about EVERY time, I'll pull off dozens or more of Trojan
horses.  Why does it seem that teenagers cannot live without that
program?

*grumble*

</RANT>