RE: FW Client (ISA2004)

  • From: "Ruba Al Omari, Eng." <romari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:04:58 +0300

Hi

I hate to interrupt the very interesting discussion about ISA being part
of the domain,

but I added the wpad entry in the DNS server and put the FQDN of the isa
for that alias as mentioned in the document, I enabled for the Internal
network The Auto discovery option (default port 80 because of DNS) and
enabled the FW Client support for the internal network, the FW client
can't auto detect yet.(if I set the server name it works fine).If I
browse to the http://wpad:80/wpad.dat <http://wpad/wpad.dat>  at the isa
it says page can't be displayed, and the same at the client.

What could be the problem now?

Also I have a group of users connecting through this ISA2004 and I have
another group  who connect through ISA2000, the auto detection is still
not working now but if it works will it affect the other group of users?
The other group have routes to both ISAs but access rules on both ISAs
restrict the traffic.

thnx

r.

  _____