RE: FW Client (ISA2004)

  • From: "Ruba Al Omari, Eng." <romari@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2005 12:55:35 +0300

Hi,
The policy is on top.
Blocking access is no problem at all; and allowing all users is no
problem at all.
MSN Instant Messenger is version 6.2.
I have isa2004

Monitoring the logs shows me that everything works fine at first,
connection initiated with the correct username, everything is fine,
suddenly the connection is switched to anonymous and denied access.

I assume I can create a rule for allow All Users and then another rule
to Deny all users except for the users I want to allow, but this doesn't
seem right. Because All users include anonymous.

Can you send me the exact details of the rule u have that allows a
specific group of users, I know it sounds easy but am missing something.

My rule is:
Action: Allow; Protocols: MSN Messenger (and others); From: Internal;
To: Local Host, External; Users: Help Desk (For example); Schedule:
Always; Content Type: All content types.

Thanks
r.