Extended error message

  • From: "Bogdan Florin" <florinb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 10:11:40 +0200

ON client computers I receive this error when trying to acces any FTP
site.

   > ISA Server: extended error message :
   > 200 Type set to A.
   > 502 Illegal PORT Command

ISA server it have a VPN to a satelite provider. I was adviced to setup
my BROWSER CLIENT TO work in PASIVE MODE.

Not all IE have options of PASIVE mode under INTERNET OPTIONS /
ADVANCED / BROWSING

... so I search some dedicated FTP client.
I found many but only few it have options to work TROUGHT A PROXY SERVER.

Question: since ISA PORT it is 8080 what port should I setup to FTP
CLIENT ? if I setup 8080 it do not work, I setup PASIVE mode - do not
work, I setup port 21 - do not work.

Any advice will be appreciated as soon as posible.

Bogdan