Re: My ISA server is sensitive...

  • From: "Bryan Andrews" <bandrews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2001 06:24:09 -0500

This is the event that I guess is the culprit. Most of the stuff I was
doing yesterday was creating some new client sets and destination sets.

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   Microsoft Firewall
Event Category: None
Event ID:       14163
Date:           12/11/2001
Time:           7:39:24 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       TATLISA2
Server publishing rule [All TI Multi-Homed Webs] that maps 10.1.2.121:80
TCP to 216.0.216.135:80 for protocol [_http access] failed because the
port on the external interface is being used by another application.
The Firewall service failed to bind socket for the server on the
firewall since another process is using the same port. Check for any
other process using the same port and terminate if necessary.

This is my server publishing rule that I publish all my webs on (not Web
Publishing).

I do however have a couple of web publishing rules as well for Exchange
and Others that I am not concerned about reporting for.

Event Type:     Error
Event Source:   Microsoft ISA Server Control
Event Category: None
Event ID:       14079
Date:           12/11/2001
Time:           3:22:25 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       TATLISA2
Due to an unexpected error, the service fwsrv stopped responding to all
requests. This occurred 1 time(s) in the past 13:53 hours. Try to stop
the service or kill the corresponding process if it does not respond,
and start it again. Check the Event Viewer for related error messages.

Not sure... is this the Web Proxy Service:

Event Type:     Information
Event Source:   DrWatson
Event Category: None
Event ID:       4097
Date:           12/11/2001
Time:           3:21:18 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       TATLISA2
The application, wspsrv.exe, generated an application error The error
occurred on 12/11/2001 @ 15:21:17.302 The exception generated was
c0000005 at address 01024F7A (CKeepAlive::operator=)

Then I have hundreds of these before the others above (the day before my
recent major troubles though):

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   Microsoft Firewall
Event Category: None
Event ID:       14152
Date:           12/10/2001
Time:           12:38:40 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       TATLISA2
A User Datagram Protocol (UDP) packet was dropped because it was larger
than the maximum UDP packet allowed by the Firewall service.

I also have these periodically:

Event Type:     Warning
Event Source:   Microsoft ISA Firewall H.323 Filter
Event Category: None
Event ID:       14
Date:           12/12/2001
Time:           10:38:57 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       TATLISA2
H.323 filter is not configured to register with an H.323 Gatekeeper,
attempting to find a gatekeeper using multicast discovery. Inbound H.323
calls will not succeed while the filter is not registered with a
gatekeeper. To configure the filter to use a particular gatekeeper, edit
the H.323 filter Call Control properties and enter the H.323 gatekeeper
to register with.