[isalist] Re: Error establishing a VPN to the ISA server

  • From: "Thor (Hammer of God)" <thor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:28:54 -0700

Ah, the old ³bind an off-net IP address to the internal interface and use a
HOSTS entry² trick.  ;)

Yep, that would work to if you did all that...  I didn¹t see the part about
the new IP in addition to the different VPN address space.

When I saw ³to the ISA box² I didn¹t think you meant as the solution for an
SBS install.  So yes, for a single host box that is the RRAS box as well as
the destination host, that would work.  But, I gotta say, that¹s a lot to do
on both the server and workstation.  A single ³route² from the workstation
would take care of everything, as long as the remote host destination IP
wasn¹t the same as the local gateway IP (which is the case here.)   But at
this point, this is more of an academic exercise than a production solution,
right? :-p

On 6/28/06 7:50 AM, "Thomas W Shinder" <tshinder@xxxxxxxxxxx> spoketh to
all: