RE: Download details: ISA Server 2004 Standard Edition SP1

  • From: "Ball, Dan" <DBall@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 08:57:38 -0500

Same here, the readme says this about it:

1.       ISA Server 2004 Standard Edition Service Pack 1 consists of two
components: one to update the ISA Server computer, and the other to
update computers running ISA Server 2004 Firewall Client software. To
update Firewall client computers, do one of the following:

*         Install the Firewall Client update included in the service
pack download on each client computer.

*         Update Firewall client computers from the Firewall Client
Share on the ISA Server computer. You can do this by one or two methods:

*         Run the Update.bat script located in the Firewall Client Share
(usually \\ISA\Mspclnt\Webinst\Update.bat).

*         Run the msiexec command in the Firewall Client Share, as
follows. At the command prompt, type: msiexec /feumsv
\\ISA\Mspclnt\MS_FWC.msi.

After reading the last line, I'm not sure if forcing the software to
re-install via policy will do the change.