Re: DNS qureries cause ISA alerts

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 16:24:52 -0800

Probably not.
This is very common when DNS query responses are "late", as far as ISA is
concerned.
Since ISA has "timed out" the DNS query, the response is seen as a port
scan.
Generally, you can ignore this, but if it happens consistently, you may want
to consider using different external DNS servers.

 Jim Harrison
 MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
 http://isaserver.org/pages/author_index.asp?aut=3
 http://isatools.org