RE: DNS Issue

  • From: "John Tolmachoff" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 07:11:13 -0800

> The problem was my router. I did not have it configured to route packets
> to the correct subnet! The bizarre part of it is that the external
> interface of the ISA did not show any packets trying to go out. Once I
> made the router change, I could see the packets going. Does ISA supposed
> to do that???

ISA in its more elementry form is a router; there it needs to know what to
do with packets it receives. Since the next hop, the edge router did not
know about the segments, ISA kept it from going anywhere.

Glad it is working now.

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.