RE: DNS Issue

  • From: "John Tolmachoff" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'[ISAserver.org Discussion List]'" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2003 21:17:50 -0800

The internal interface of ISA should have the DNS address of the Internal
DNS server only.

The DMZ interface of ISA should have blank for the DNS address.

The External interface of ISA should have blank for the DNS address.

On the internal DNS, forwarding should be set to the DNS Server in the DMZ.
Do not remove root hints. However, there should be no root zone.

On the DMZ DNS, it should be set to forward to your ISP DNS. What do you
mean by default install? Is that an AD integrated zone? Is there a root
zone?

Then create packet filters to allow any to query your DMZ DNS server.

Create packet filter to allow your DMZ DNS server to query the whole
Internet.

John Tolmachoff MCSE, CSSA
IT Manager, Network Engineer
RelianceSoft, Inc.