RE: Bypassing the web proxy in ISA 2004

  • From: "Richard Lock" <richardlock@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 01:44:10 -0700

Hi Amy and Brian,

Thanks for the replies.  I have looked on isaserver.org and lots of other
sites, but can't find anywhere that says how to bypass the web filters
within ISA Server itself.  Lots of articles say how to use the firewall
client or secureNAT client, but we have a bespoke application with the
proxy details hard coded.  I was trying to avoid changing anything at the
client end, like installing the firewall client software.  From what I
understand, the application is accessing the ISA server like Internet
Explorer does, (as a web proxy?)  Any requests are processed by the
firewall access rules in ISA.  It is these rules that I want to modify or
add to to try to bypass the web filters for certain sites.  Is this
possible without installing software at the client end?

Thanks,

Richard