RE: Bypassing the web proxy in ISA 2004

  • From: "Steve Moffat" <steve@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 16:28:03 -0400

Stop chopping off the thread.

From: Richard Lock [mailto:richardlock@xxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 17, 2005 4:17 AM
To: ISA Mailing List
Subject: [isalist] RE: Bypassing the web proxy in ISA 2004

http://www.ISAserver.org

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the reply.  I am trying to avoid installing anything at the
client end because we have over 200 remote sites with limited remote
access.  The problem is caused by incorrect proxy details entered in an
application on these computers (the usernames are missing "domain\").
This means that ISA recognises the users as anonymous and passes this
information to the WebMarshal web filter extension.  WebMarshal doesn't
recognise these users without the domain prefix, so blocks access.  I
could correct the problem by changing the details at all 200 sites, but
this would be a big job.  It would also be a big job to get the firewall
client to them and install it.  Is there any way, even programmatically,
of telling ISA not to pass requests on a particular rule through the web
filter extensions?  In the protocol options, you can turn off
application filters, but I can't see any way of turning off web filters.
I know it is possible with the ISA api because GFI DownloadSecurity has
a section in the web filter for bypassed sites.  It seems limited of ISA
and/or the WebMarshal plugin to not provide any flexibility in which
rules use web filters and which do not.  I'd be happy to either have a
particular firewall access rule which says don't use the web filters for
these destinations, or to configure the WebMarshal web filter plugin to
say bypass me if one of these particular sites is requested.

Any other ideas?  Thanks for the help, Richard