A good one

  • From: "Mark Strangways" <strangconst@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 23:52:26 -0500

Ok, here it is... My big problem :-)

Don't start Jim ;-)

When I fire up my laptop with the PCMCIA LAN card in it and the FW client
enabled, I cannot get any response from the DHCP (one ISA box). If I disable
FW Client, I get an IP and network is fine. If I enable the FW Client but
remove the card, start up machine, then wait till everything loads insert
card I get an IP and network is OK.

Anyone else have similar issues, or am I special.
I have gone thru 3 different cards, all do the same to a certain degree. A
Dink card was the best, it  would grab an IP MOST of the time.

ISA win 2k SP3, ISA SP1..
Client win 2k SP3 (pro).

Anyone ?

Thanks in advance..