[isalist] Re: 2 errors upon each restart concerning can not communicate with the domain

  • From: "Jim Harrison" <Jim@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 06:34:54 -0800

What does
nltest /sc_query:<DomainName>
..show you?
If you have a good secure channel to a local DC, then this is just startup
noise.

   MCP(NT4, W2K), A+, Network+, PCG
   http://isaserver.org/Jim_Harrison/
   http://isatools.org
   Read the help / books / articles!

Date:           12/25/2006
Time:           10:59:20 PM
User:           N/A
Computer:       SRV10
This computer was not able to set up a secure session with a domain controller
in domain actualclientdomainhere due to the following:
There are currently no logon servers available to service the logon request.

This may lead to authentication problems. Make sure that this computer is
connected to the network. If the problem persists, please contact your domain
administrator.

  Event Type:   Error
Event Source:   Userenv
Event Category: None
Event ID:       1053
Date:           12/25/2006
Time:           10:59:21 PM
User:           NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer:       SRV10
Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. (The specified domain
either does not exist or could not be contacted. ). Group Policy processing
aborted.

John T
eServices For You

"Life is a succession of lessons which must be lived to be understood."
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1802-1882)