[isalist] Re: 2 errors upon each restart concerning can not communicate with the domain

  • From: "Gerald G. Young" <g.young@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 13:05:03 -0500

If you're still getting the same two errors in your event log but after
you log on you have no issues, that sounds to me as if your NIC
interfaces aren't coming up quickly enough.  Are the interfaces
connected to a switch perhaps?  If so, is STP enabled on the switch port
that connects to your internal NIC port on the server?  If STP is
enabled - and assuming it's a Cisco switch - you might see if you can
add portfast and bdpuguard to the port config on the switch.

If it isn't the switch, the only other thing I can think of at the
moment is to try loading an Intel NIC card and move the IPs off onto
them and see if you run into the same issue.

Cordially yours,
Jerry G. Young II
Applications Engineer, Platform Engineering
Enterprise Hosting
NTT America, an NTT Communications Company

22451 Shaw Rd.
Sterling, VA 20166

Office: 571-434-1319
Fax: 703-333-6749