2 Forests or not

  • From: "Andy Haigh" <ahaigh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "[ISAserver.org Discussion List]" <isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 17:59:39 +1000

I have been playing around with ISA2004 over the last month to get a
feel for it and to see how I should deploy it.

The initial question I have is should I deploy the ISA Server in a
separate Forest from the rest of the domain or not (all W2K3 servers).
Is it as save if correctly configured as part of the domain?

I understand the added security it provides by having a separate domain
and a one way trust but are there any problems that will arise when I
try to use other features?

The Firewall will be used to provide:

Outgoing HTTP, HTTPS and FTP
Outgoing SMTP
Incoming SMTP
Incoming Client VPN's
Site to Site VPN's

Also does anyone know of a whitepaper/how to on setting up the two
Forest configuration.

Thanks

Andy