VPN-tunnel with one end has a dynamic IP

  • From: "Peter Pulfer" <peter.pulfer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: isalist@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2005 03:27:39 -0600

Hello,
I'm new to ISA Server 2004, i'm used to administer Sonicwall Firewalls
until now.
My question is: Is there a way to set up a VPN-tunnel from the ISA Server
to a branch-office with a dynamic ip addresse. As far as i was able to see
the configuration possibilities only ip-addresses are valid entries for
the remote site.

All of our branch-offices have DDNS entries and can be reach without
problems. Can i setup ISA Server 2004 to use DDNS to create a VPN
connection to the remote-site?

Thanks for any help.

Peter