[interfacekit] Re: Status Updates

  • From: "burton666@xxxxxxxxx" <burton666@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "interfacekit" <interfacekit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 08:41:11 +0100

> "burton666@xxxxxxxxx" <burton666@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > Have you accidently fixed this problem:
> > >   // ToDo: replace BOptionPopUp (or fix it in OpenBeOS...)
> > >   // this is a workaround for a bug in BOptionPopUp - you need to
> > >   // know the actual width before creating the object - very
> > > nice...
> > >
> > > ?
> > > That's taken from current/src/kits/media/DefaultMediaTheme.cpp line
> > > 689
> > > and following. That would be really nice, at least.
> > Uhm, I am not sure. Surely I fixed some problem with
> > ResizeToPreferred(),
> > but I am not sure if it also fixed that issue. I'll check.
>
> Thanks a lot!

Yeah, we don't suffer from this issue. I constructed the object with a small
rectangle, and added some "options", one of them being
"TheLongestOptionNameThatYouCouldEverThinkOf".
Then I called ResizeToPreferred() and the control had the right width.
On a side note, on R5 BOptionPopUp::ResizeToPreferred() was completely broken
and unusable, since it would have resized the control to a smaller height than
needed, thus cutting a part of it.

> Hey, you came to me with that thing :)

Heh, I know. BTW, check your mail :)