[impression-x] Re: suggestion for Print dialogue: current page only

  • From: Richard Porter <ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: impression-x@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Feb 2015 15:40:50 GMT

On 2 Feb 2015 Jim Nagel  wrote:

> Impression's Print dialogue has always offered radio buttons to
> "print all" or to "print from page X to page Y".  If you want to print
> just page 5 (say), you fill in 5 for both X and Y.

> Suggestion:  a third radio button for "print current page only".  That
> would mean the page on which the caret now sits in the document, the
> page you were on when you pressed the Print key.

Good idea. I would do it slightly differently - just set the default
range to current page to current page.

To make it a bit smarter, if you enter a "From" number greater than
the "To" number the "To" number would automatically be set to the same
value, or if you enter a "To" number less than the "From" number the
"From" number would be set the same.

For consistency there ought to be up and down arrows for the page
numbers, and shift-click should be up/down 10 (within the maximum
range).

--
Richard Porter                        http://www.minijem.plus.com/
Skype: minijem2                       mailto:ricp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx