[PCB_FORUM] Re: symbols form libraries and BRD database

  • From: Phaik Kiau Tan <phaikkiau@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2010 13:44:13 +0800

Hi,
I saw this kind of problem in SPB16.2.
our normal practice when CPU netlist changed, we import only netlist.
after import, the symbol will be in unplace manual, i got to grad it
and place again on brd.
The dra for the symbol change frequently due to the symbol still in
development phase, so when the dra updated, i deleted the symbol from
board and grab again from unplace manual, the symbol is not same with
the dra that updated!
After i placed the symbol and did a refreshed, then only the symbol
can be updated.
Previously i work with SPB15.7, once delete the symbol from board and
grad it again from unplace manual, the symbol will be updated
automatically.
both with same library paths.
I do think this is a problem coz allegro is not carrying the good
stuff from older version.

Phaik Kiau