[PCB_FORUM] Re: data base management

  • From: "vince fornier" <kerchunk@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:45:39 -0400 (EDT)

> Group: We have 5-7 engineers doing schematics and pcb reviews.....

You can "tag" a design with various user-defined properties:

Example: a SKILL routine that opens a form containing
    creation: 2005/04/21 -- Gene Simmons
    symbol refresh: 2005/04/23 -- Paul Stanley
    constraints verified: 2005/04/24 -- Ace Freely
    first review: 2005/04/26 -- Peter Criss
    final review:
        | save |     | cancel |

The fields get filled in as the design goes through your workflow ( you DO have
a workflow defined, right???) The routine saves the values in user-defined
properties attached to the design. Improvements might be to have the routine
alert the user if any field is filled out out-of-sequence or skipped, etc.

If your users are ornrey and don't want to fill in the form you can enforce its
use by tying it into your other routines.
Like, every routine checks for the existance of the user-defined property
CREATE_DATE and shuts down if the property isn't found and filled in. Routines
to be used later in the workflow can check for additional properties.

HTH,

Chris Walters
local Cadence guru
(Apple)