[PCB_FORUM] Re: area constraints

  • From: Kevin McCowan <kmccowan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 09:52:43 -0400

I agree 10000000% This is by far the stupidest problem with
Allegro. They force us to switch to Specctra and then,
forever later, still have not integrated the two.
I have complained about this so many times it almost
seems futile at this point to belabor it. But, since
I have no other choice, I will continue to say,
This Sucks. C'mon Cadence, put this on the short list.

Kevin

Musetti, Carl wrote:
There are 2 issues I have with them and they are major deficiencies
is that they don't work with Specctra. So I just delete them before I
go to route. Unfortunately though this cause problem with DRC that
have to get fixed after route, but it is better than leaving them
in because there is a performance hit on spectra and it just plain
screws up the route to much with them in. Cadence also screwed up
the diff pair implementation of them in 15.2. You will notice on
your constraint form that it clearly states area constraints are
not supported with diff pairs. I can understand how that got by
with new diff pair implementation, and I can deal with it as I
like the new diff pair features, but I can't under stand how they
have completely decided to ignore integrating the are constraints
into Specctra. I mean come on its been what 10 years now since
they purchased the CCT router.

My 2 cents

Want to post a job listing ? DON'T DO IT HERE! Better yet, join our jobs listing forum.