[PCB_FORUM] Re: area constraints

  • From: "Musetti, Carl" <cmusetti@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 09:41:55 -0400

There are 2 issues I have with them and they are major deficiencies is that
they don't work with Specctra. So I just delete them before I go to route.
Unfortunately though this cause problem with DRC that have to get fixed after
route, but it is better than leaving them in because there is a performance hit
on spectra and it just plain screws up the route to much with them in. Cadence
also screwed up the diff pair implementation of them in 15.2. You will notice
on your constraint form that it clearly states area constraints are not
supported with diff pairs. I can understand how that got by with new diff pair
implementation, and I can deal with it as I like the new diff pair features,
but I can't under stand how they have completely decided to ignore integrating
the are constraints into Specctra. I mean come on its been what 10 years now
since they purchased the CCT router.

My 2 cents