[PCB_FORUM] Re: Reverse engineering using CAM 350 tool

  • From: george.h.patrick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 08:47:58 -0700

No experience with CAM350, but...

We have a large number of old boards that were designed on obsolete CAD
systems that need to be sent out for boards and (once in 5 years) have had
to be reworked.  We never convert them to Allegro unless it is absolutely
necessary, too much time spent working on boards that are probably never
going to be needed.

I had to read the gerbers for the one that I reworked into Valor to figure
out the apertures as the list had been lost, but it read into Allegro
without problems once that was done.  You might have more problems if the
data you are attempting to import is 274X, unless the files were originally
generated by Allegro.  You may need to try converting them in CAM-350 (if
possible).  The only schematic I had was in the old user manual, so I had to
do a third-party netlist and modify it.

--
George Patrick
Tektronix, Inc.