[PCB_FORUM] Need fabrication and assy data from pdf files

  • From: "J Wages" <jwages@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 12:53:26 -0500

I began a thread last week discussing reverse engineering designs from
various legacy part numbers. After working with the sample designs I
received from the customer, I was able to read all but one into Allegro
by using the PADS interface, or manually creating aperture lists and
importing the various gerber file types.

I do, however, have one design that only has an Adobe PDF drawing file
of the etch, components, and pins. It does not include drill sizes or
exact locations. I will be requesting this information from the customer
today. Does anyone have any contact information for someone that can
create fabrication and assembly files (gerber and N.C.) from a pdf file?
I assume they would have to scan in the drawing or extract from some
kind of PDF editing tool.

Thanx

Jim S. Wages

Independent Cadence PC Board Layout Designer