[PCB_FORUM] Re: Mentor Expediton or Allegro Cadence ?

  • From: "Drew" <drew3rdof3@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 08:13:07 -0700

Kesevan,

One other thing to look at is the user help forums of the packages
that you are considering.  I have no experience with the other, but I
believe this forum is the best.  It is not controlled or sponsored by
Cadence and I have found their app engineers do not ignore it as a
rule.  This is a double plus.

Some people in this forum will give you the answers, some will help
you find it.  Most do both.  I enjoy this forum and appreciate all of
the people participating.

Since I am obviously extremely biased for Allegro and have not
included Mentor in my arsenal as of this time, you should also
*monitor* the Mentor help forum.  You may get similar results for
Mentor if you ask or have asked the same question in the user group
for Mentor's package.  The difference that you might find may be the
"learning curve" or a "user friendly" issue.  Allegro is still the
choice if that is the case.  Of the other products' forums that I have
been in and am still involved with, I have found the opposite to be
true with regards to learning curves or being user friendly, but it
very well might be the way I think.

Allegro is an extremely powerful tool, but it is only as powerful as
you are.

Cheers!
Drew

"The tool can create a quality board.  The designer makes it happen.
Use the best." - Andrew W. Riley III