[PCB_FORUM] Re: Long files names in allegro

  • From: "Mike Finczak" <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2009 14:38:59 -0500

Deac,
        I took a look a sourcelink, and found that 15.x versions
        support up to eighteen (18) characters and 16.x versions
        support up to thirty (30) characters on a standard
        installation.

        Note: The Total number of characters includes the dot
              and extension. So the useable padstack file name
              length is only fourteen (14) characters.

Regards,
       Mike Finczak
       CopperCAD Design
       www.CopperCAD.com