[PCB_FORUM] Re: Design Reuse From Existing Designs

  • From: "Davies, Charles (cdavies)" <cdavies@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 11:32:22 -0500

The Design Reuse paper can be found at http://www.gcsd.harris.com/icu2004
<http://www.gcsd.harris.com/icu2004> .

Looking at the constraint issue at a very high level, constraints will not flow
up from the child to the parent unless they are implemented as net level
properties in the schematic.  There are ways to force this to happen using place
holder properties on the schematic and back annotating the values.  Version 15.5
should resolve most of these issues.  As long as your are using net level
properties, the inheritance should occur without issue.

Charlie