[PCB_FORUM] Converting .GDS Files from Cadence Virtuoso to Allegro .DRA

  • From: "Scott, Ron" <rg-scott@xxxxxx>
  • To: <icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2005 16:26:04 -0600

All,

Here's a little something for a Friday.  I need to convert a file from
the IC layout tool to a physical part in Allegro. I can attempt to
import the streaming file but Allegro wants to make it .brd file.  The
positioning is extremely important because this is what is called a bump
die which has no leads and connects directly to the IC's substrate. I
know this can be done because I have a few examples but the original
source is not available. Any help will be great.

Regards,

Ron Scott C.I.D.
Texas Instruments
Tel:  214.567.4715