[PCB_FORUM] Re: Anyone running v15.2 toolset?

  • From: chris.ball@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jul 2004 14:59:41 -0400

Hi Andy-
Why the extra step of making a CDSPATH variable? I'm pretty new to Cadence
and have 14.2 and 15.1 designs... I've just been changing the CDSROOT
variable directly. Am I at risk somehow?
Best Regards,
-Chris

                       Andy_Kulik@xxxxxxx @

                       VALSMTP                           To:
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                       Sent by: @VALSMTP                 cc:

                                                         Subject:
[PCB_FORUM] Re: Anyone running
                       07/29/2004 02:16 PM                 v15.2 toolset?

                       Please respond to

                       icu-pcb-forum

I currently have mutliple PC's with 14.2 15.1 and 15.2 as Client Installs.

In order to switch properly I created a variable CDSPATH which points to
the current cdsroot directory
For example U:\Cadence\SPB_15.2.
Replace the value of CDSROOT to %CDSPATH% and make sure that your
environment variable PATH
says %CDSROOT% instead of U:\Cadence\SPB_15.2

You want to use 14.2 simply change the value of CDSPATH to
"<wherever>\PSD_14.2"

You can do the above with bat files as well.

Make sure the license servers are up and that your licenses are up to
date. I just had it the other day where
CDS_LIC_FILE had one license server that wasn't up. Turned out that the
tool kept looking for it for 90 sec. (timeout value)
until it finally agreed that the server really isn't up. Oh well!

Anyway what performance issues do you see? What's flacky?

Andy

PS: Install 14.2 first and make the changes above before installing 15.2

Mitch S. Morey
Sent by:
07/29/2004 01:49 PM
Please respond to
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[PCB_FORUM] Re: Anyone running v15.2 toolset?

Hi Andy,

Do you have it installed with v14.2 also? We do, and I'm wondering if we
need to uninstall v14.2; re-install v15.2; then re-install 14.2 I'm
thinking it might be our network too. Wondering...

Thanks.

> Hi Mitch,
>
> we have been using 15.2 for quite some time now. and actually done
several
> designs with it
> from start to finish. Couldn't find any problems although we were
looking
> pretty hard. ;-)
> Even the Linux distributions seems very stable.
>
> Andy

"This e-mail message is intended only for the use of the intended
recipient(s).
The information contained therein may be confidential or privileged, and
its disclosure or reproduction is strictly prohibited.
If you are not the intended recipient, please return it immediately to its
sender at the above address and destroy it."