[PCB_FORUM] Re: Anyone running v15.2 toolset?

  • From: Andy_Kulik@xxxxxxx
  • To: icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 12:02:57 -0400

I am not sure why.
 I have to correct the statement about 14.1. It was when we started an EAP
for 15.0.
All I remember is that it had something to do with 15.0 and 14.2 being
installed on the same laptop.
As I said it doesn't make a difference. Just change CDSROOT and you'll be
fine.

Mitch S. Morey
Sent by:
07/30/2004 11:25 AM
Please respond to
icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[PCB_FORUM] Re: Anyone running v15.2 toolset?

Andy,

Why do you have a CDSPATH and the CDSROOT variable? You say you make the
CDSPATH variable, but you still use the CDSROOT also (e.g. %CDSROOT%).
What does CDSPATH do that CDSROOT doesn't? Just wondering why the AE came
up with CDSPATH. Little confused.

Good day.

Mitch

> no you are not at risk and yes you can just change cdsroot. doesn't make
> darn difference
> our local AE showed me his setup when 14.1 came out and I just kept
doing
> it this way.
>

> chris.ball@xxxxxxxxx
> Sent by:
> 07/29/2004 02:59 PM
> Please respond to
> icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

> icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> cc
>
> Subject
> [PCB_FORUM] Re: Anyone running v15.2 toolset?
>

> Hi Andy-
> Why the extra step of making a CDSPATH variable? I'm pretty new to
Cadence
> and have 14.2 and 15.1 designs... I've just been changing the CDSROOT
> variable directly. Am I at risk somehow?
> Best Regards,
> -Chris
>

>                        Andy_Kulik@xxxxxxx @
>                        VALSMTP                           To:
> icu-pcb-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>                        Sent by: @VALSMTP                 cc:
>                                                          Subject:
> [PCB_FORUM] Re: Anyone running
>                        07/29/2004 02:16 PM                 v15.2
toolset?

>                        Please respond to
>                        icu-pcb-forum
>

> I currently have mutliple PC's with 14.2 15.1 and 15.2 as Client
Installs.