[icon-discuss] Re: reference material on the Icon

  • From: Kevin Jones <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:30:26 -0500

Back in the 90s early 90s at that, there was a version of the american heritage dictionary floating around, all in text files. I remember writing a batch file to make it work in dos, was pretty cool. It's not that large of a dictionary but it would be more than basic, there was also a thesaures also in .txt format. If Levelstar could at least release how we could write a basic c program I think we could see more home-based projects I know there's the python project, but not everyone likes or even knows python.

Kevin

I, too, would love to see reference materials on the Icon, but I think this is a perfect opportunity for outside programmers to step in and give us something besides hangman we can add to our Icons. Personally, I would prefer the Level Star resources be spent removing bugs, getting support for Audible and RFBD books, and then on to the phone and GPS.