[icon-discuss] Re: Selective speaking?

  • From: "PAMELA RADER" <PRADER@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2007 08:11:42 -0500

Hello Mia:

It is very unlikely that you have lost files on your unit, as a battery drain
would not cause this to occur.  But you probably need a good hard Reset and
perhaps a Reflash.  Unfortunately, since you didn't specify which unit you
have, I am unable to give you further direction, as the reflashing methods are
different between the 2 units.  So, let us know which unit you have and we'll
be able to better direct you on what to do next.

Pamela Rader, TECHNICAL SUPPORT
American Printing House For The Blind
1839 Frankfort Ave.
Louisville, KY  40206

PHONE:  1-800-223-1839, Ext. 307

>>> maiamoves@xxxxxxxxxxxxx 11/18/07 11:25PM >>>
Hello all,

Has this happened to you?
My battery ran down when I fell asleep listening to a book.  So, I charged it
as usual.  However, when I tried to use it, very little happens.
All I can access is te wireless menu, status menu, recorder, planner, and a
little bit of help.  It will not give me the main menu including music player,
library, internet, tools, utilities, games, etc.  The main menu bar at the top,
when pushed, says it's still loading and eventually times out and turns off the
icon.
I tried removing the battery for various lengths of time and doing a couple
different resets with and without battery.
I would love any ideas or support you may have.  Thanks a lot.
Maia