[icon-discuss] Re: QWERTY docking station

  • From: "Chase Crispin" <chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 19 Apr 2008 11:10:12 -0500

I would like to make that a suggestion.  Here is how I would like to see it
work:
1.  If you plug your unit in to the QWERTY docking station, it will switch
to computer (ASCII) Braille, if necessary.
2.  If you plug your unit into the Braille docking station, it will switch
to grade 2 if necessary.
Remember though, you can press control+L (hold down zero and then press 5 3
times in ABC mode, or press zero+pound, and then type five in thumb braille)
to switch between the two Braille modes.  This isn't that convenient, but it
works.

Chase Crispin
Administrator and moderator of the Blind Mobile Tech (BMT) blog, and soon to
be website!
Blog:
http://blindmobiletech.blogspot.com/
 APH training video feed:
http://www.youtube.com/BraillePlus/
Note:  Most RSS readers and Podcatchers don't support this type of feed.
You can try, however, you just might have to open the page in Internet
Explorer and see what happens.
 e-mail:
chase.crispin@xxxxxxxxx