[icon-discuss] Re: QWERTY docking station

  • From: Marta Rodriguez <yerbabruja@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2008 11:43:33 -0400

The caution to use computer braille in some information fields simply
means that you can not use contracted braille.  If you do the
contraction symbols will be registered as punctuations, greater thans,
brackets, etc. as opposed to the letter combinations those symbols
would represent in braille 2.

So if you're using any sort of qwerty keyboard when you come across
fields like this, you would simply type your information as if you were
typing on a regular computer.  The only thing you might want to
remember when using these keyboards is that when you get to your
document or the body of an EMail message, you have to turn braille off
so that some of your characters like the comma colon or period won't
register as braille characters.

Marta