[icon-discuss] Re: I accidentally found something interesting

  • From: Kevin Jones <kevin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2007 22:58:32 -0600

oh I have the status info thing open and if you arrow off of the battery and back on it for me always stays real low around 10% even if it's up around 50

if I unplug it then refresh it's correct.

Dan Keys wrote:
Hello,
Yes in fact if you hit status every several seconds or so, it says things like 94 percent, 97 percent and once or twice it says 100 percent, but it never says charged.

On Mar 6, 2007, at 7:28 PM, Kevin Jones wrote:

I'm surprised any sound got through at all.
I also just discovered on the icon that when the icon is charging the unit doesn't report the correct battery level

Dan Keys wrote:
Hello,
I was making a recording and I forgot to switch inputs. I had the Icon set on external microphone. I unplugged the external mic and started a new recording forgetting to switch to the internal mic. Surprisingly, while speaking near the internal mic, I did pick up a low-level of my voice. So I deliberately did the opposite. I set the Icon to internal mic and plugged in an external mic. While talking toward the internal mic, I tapped the external mic and got some noise so I also spoke into the external mic and it was picked up a little. Just thought this might be of some interest. This might be a potential problem to be aware of.