[icon-discuss] Re: Hard reset

  • From: "Jenny Axler" <jaxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2008 05:40:53 -0800

When you reflash the unit, you loose the information on the Flash Disk unless you do a backup and restore. You will not loose anything on the hard drive. Information that is stored on the flash disk, and that is backed up when running the backup utility includes: Address Book contacts, Music Player playlists, Bookshare login information, periodical subscription info, network profiles, browser bookmarks and settings, email messages, settings and account information, RSS settings and subscription info, additions to the spellcheck dictionary, planner appointments, recording settings, journal entries and account information, and all settings in the Settings Menu. Information such as your actual music files, your books and periodicals, podcasts and feed articles, and your recordings themselves is stored on the hard drive and is not affected. As I said, you can preserve the data on the flash disk by running the backup utility before reflashing. You can reach it by typing 67 from the Applications Menu. Press Select on "Back up current application data". You'll be placed in a form where you can name the file, and below it, the date will be listed. If you do not enter a description, it will just be named for the current date. Press OK to begin the back up process. It takes only a few seconds and will announce when it is done. After you have done the reflash, return to the backup utility and press Select on the File named for the date of your back up. You'll have the option to restore or delete the backup. Choose Restore, you'll be asked if you're sure, press OK, and everything will be restored to how it was before you reflashed.

Jenny

----- Original Message ----- From: "Paul Henrichsen" <paulh52@xxxxxxxxxxx>