[icon-discuss] Re: Hard reset

  • From: "Jenny Axler" <jaxler@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2008 07:50:13 -0800

 The reset button is a small round button found in a recess in the upper left
corner of the battery compartment.  To reset the unit, remove the battery
compartment door with the battery closest to you, find the recess in the upper
left corner of the compartment, and use the jack end of earbuds or some other
pointed object to press and hold it for a few seconds.  You'll feel a
vibration, and a few seconds later will hear the welcome message.  A reset does
not do a reflash of the unit, but you might try that first to make sure it does
not solve your browser problem.  If you need to do a reflash, please let me
know for sure which unit you have, a standard Icon from LevelStar or Braille +
from APH, and if Icon, when you purchased it.

Thanks,
Jenny