[icon-discuss] Re: Disk drive mode a vista; a problem

  • From: "Paul Henrichsen" <paulh52@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <icon-discuss@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 16:37:46 -0800

Hi, Richard. Sometimes, the disk would open after a minute. But sometimes,
windows explorer would just hang.

I could up and down arrow and see the folders, but pressing enter on a
folder would just hang. I have a quad core processor with 2gb of 800 mhz
memory; so it is an extremely fast machine. Doing a vista rating test shows
it to be a five.

I did try it from a port in the back as well as one in the front with not
much different results.

After a minute or so, it would bring up a listing of the seven folders. I
tried entering the music folder even though I knew there was nothing there.
I thought it would at least show me the empty list like it does on other
folders on my computer, but it just seemed to hang.

Under vista, I'm not really sure how to delete the USB drive for the icon.

I did transfer some music from my thumb drive today; so I do have some in
there now. Mine is all properly tagged.

I use the CD3o network player and it wants all music tagged properly.
Otherwise, you get those unknown items<grin>.

I sure hope APH can get this working better under vista.

Paul Henrichsen

paulh52@xxxxxxxxxxx

Kurzweil 1000 Technical Support Engineer

(800) 894-5374

Press 5 then 2

or: (888) 995-9905