[ibis-macro] Re: question about string parameter in AMI

  • From: Mike Steinberger <msteinb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 08:36:23 -0500

Fangyi-

It looks like this one's been sitting out there for a day or so, so I'll offer an answer.

The answer depends partially on whether or not "param_value" contains white space. If it does not, then either form should work equally well in the parameter string, and the parser in the model should support either form without complaint since both forms are fully compliant with the published syntax. The parser we published in 2007 does, so I don't see any excuse for failing to provide this functionality.

If "param_value" is actually "param value", then (param_name "param value") will work, but (param_name param value) will be mistakenly interpreted as an array of strings.

Mike S.

fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hi, Experts;

Shall the double quote of the value of a string parameter be included in the input parameter string of the Init call? For example, if an AMI model has a string parameter with name “param_name” and value “param_value”, should the input parameter string be

(param_name “param_value”)

or

(param_name param_value)

Thanks in advance,