[ibis-macro] Re: [ibis-interconn] Re: IBIS - Multi-lingual Earlier Presentation

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: 'IBIS-Interconnect' <ibis-interconn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, 'IBIS-ATM' <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 21:46:43 +0000

Bob,

Thanks for the additional details.  I really don't want
to belabor this conversation, because most of this is
water under the bridge and it would probably not help
in making progress in our real discussion goals.  Some
of the differences might come from the different intent
and expectations we might have had at the time when BIRD
75 was written.

From my perspective, those were the days when we started
to "discover" that the power supply noise in the pre-drive
and core stages were different from the supply noise in the
output stage.  The four I-V curve reference terminals of
[Model] were not sufficient to account for all those effects
when the device had different supply rails for I/O and core.
Maybe this is why I had the expectation that [External
Circuit] will come to the rescue with its unlimited
terminals to the outside world.

Either way, in light of the [External ***] syntax not being
terribly popular, I think we should focus on finding better
solutions.