[ibis-macro] Re: Let me clarify the benifit of getting rid of Use_Init_Output along with Digital Input to Tx GetWave

  • From: <fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <wkatz@xxxxxxxxxx>, <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 16:12:56 -0600

Hi, Walter;

Based on your logic if GetWave_Exists is False, then the modified impulse is
always used. Correct?

For GetWave_Exists=True, don't we still need Use_Init_Output to distinguish the
two scenarios stated on page 25 in the spec?

In the default case, the

AMI_Init and AMI_Getwave calls represent filtering performed by sequential
stages of a device, and

the results should therefore be chained together.  In the second case, the
AMI_Init and AMI_Getwave

calls each represent the overall device.  For example, the AMI_Init call could
provide an LTI model

for the device while the AMI_Getwave call provides a time-varying model.  In
this case, results from

the AMI_Init and AMI_Getwave calls should be treated as independent.

Thanks,

Fangyi