[ibis-macro] IBIS-ATM teleconference - Agenda for 10/12/2010

  • From: "Muranyi, Arpad" <Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "IBIS-ATM" <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 09:53:08 -0700

Time:  October 12, 2010  Noon  US Pacific Daylight Time
=====

Audio:
======
Voice dial-in:    (800) 637-5822
International: +1 (647) 723-3937 <--- (For Canada)
                      0114501530 <--- (For Sweden)
                      0201400572 <--- (For Sweden Toll Free)
                    069509594672 <--- (For Germany)
                     08001014542 <--- (For Germany Toll free)
Access Code:            685-0440

Web
===
Click Here to Join Live Meeting:

http://tinyurl.com/yvmesj
or:

https://www.livemeeting.com/cc/sisoft/join?id=NKQQN3&role=attend&pw=TP8j
%23-%25%7E5

Mentor Global Crossing Teleconference commands:
http://www.globalcrossing.com/customer/collaboration/cust_ready_access_t
ips.aspx

FIRST TIME USERS: To save time before the meeting, check your
system to make sure it is compatible with Microsoft Office Live
Meeting.

Agenda
======

1) Opens
2) Call for any related patent disclosures
3) Review of ARs:

All:    Continue discussion on Default in email
        - not done

Arpad:  Update the Typos BIRD draft to indicate Format as optional
        using "{" and "}" characters
        - pending discussion on deprecation

Arpad:  AR from Open Forum on BIRD 114.2:  Update BIRD 114.1 to
        include statements on escape characters in strings, and
        correct multi-line misinterpretation possibilities
        - pending response from Anders

Any other AR-s?

Old ARs:

- Arpad:  Write parameter passing syntax proposal (BIRD draft)
          for *-AMS models in IBIS that is consistent with the
          parameter passing syntax of the AMI models
          - in progress

- Arpad:  Propose a parameter passing syntax for the SPICE
          [External ...] also?
          - in progress

- Arpad:  Review the documentation (annotation) in the macro libraries.
          - deferred until a demand arises or we have nothing else to do

4)  Walter requested BIRD 119 to be discussed in the ATM meetings.
    Since we made a rule in March that we will only entertain v5.0
    specification correction/clarification topics, and BIRD is
    dealing with new features, we need to decide whether we make
    an exception to the agreement made in March, or table the
    discussions until the Task List for fixing v5.0 is completed.

5a) Discuss Arpad's Typos_Format_Value_Default BIRD draft
    - deprecate or not deprecate, this is the question...
    - Walter made a motion in email:

    "I would make the following motion to the ATM group for a VOTE:

    We agree that Format should be deprecated by:
    1. Removing it from all examples
    2. Noting its existence in 5.0 and that for IBIS 5.1 it will
       be optional."

5b) According to the BNF, the Format = Table syntax is invalid.
    (Row 21 in Task List)

5c) The syntax for a leaf is:
    (Row 22 in Task List)
       So in a Table which is written like this:   (-50 -0.1 1e-35),
       -50 is actually a parameter name, i.e. a string, not a value.
    -deprecate Table back to List?

5d) Check rules for Default
    (Row 23 in Task List)
    - Walter: Walter need to be a legal value
      - That's the only rule
      - It should be optional but allowed for everything
    - Bob: - We have to fix the first four Reserved parameters
    - Is NA in Table 1 correct for Default of Init_Returns_Impulse
      and GetWaveExists?  (Why do we have default for a required
      parameter which implies that it is not required)?
      - it is required, so why NA?

5e) Incorrect examples for:
    (Row 24 in Task List)
      (Init_Returns_Impulse (Usage Info) (Type Boolean)(Default True))
      (GetWave_Exists (Usage Info) (Type Boolean) (Default True))
      according to Table 3, the Format must be specified and must
      be of format type "Value".

5f) Define relationship between Type and Format (allowable possible
    combinations)
    (Row 25 in Task List)

5g) What is Row 26 all about?
    What about Format Table, Gaussian, DjRj and Dual-Dirac?