[ibis-macro] Re: FW: [IBIS] BIRD119: IBIS-AMI New Reserved Parameters > initial feedback

  • From: <fangyi_rao@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx>, <ibis-macro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 13:01:45 -0600

I have some additional questions regarding this BIRD.

Supporting_Files: Usage Info, how EDA tools use this parameter?

Broadband Analog Model Parameters:

1.       What are the big triangles in figures on p.7?

2.       What is the waveform of the voltage source in line 11 on p.7?

3.       How do Voh and Vol work with voltage range, pull-up/pull down and V-T
tables in regular ibis model?

4.       What are the definitions of Voh_H, Vol_H, Voh_L and Vol_L? What are
their waveforms?

5.       Why are signals of ports 2 and 4 summed in "Default Rx Node map" plot
on p.7?

Equivalent-Circuit Analog Model parameters:

1.       What are the big triangles in figures on p.9?

2.       How do Voh, Vol, Vt, Tr and Tf work with voltage range, pull-up/pull
down and V-T tables in regular ibis model?

3.       What are the definitions of Voh_H, Vol_H, Voh_L, Vol_L and Vt? What
are their waveforms?

4.       Why are signals of Rx output summed in "Rx Analog Buffer Equivalent
Circuit" plot on p.9?

Parameters in Broadband Analog Model and Equivalent-Circuit Analog Model have
duplicated functionalities of regular ibis parameter. I think they should be
combined with regular ibis parameters instead of AMI parameters.

Jitter, Noise and Clock Parameters:

1.       What are the definitions of Rx_Clock_Recovery_Rj, Rx_Clock_Recovery_Sj
and Rx_Clock_Recovery_DCD?

2.       Why there is no Rx_Clock_Recovery_Sj_frequency

3.       What are the definitions of Rx_Rj, Rx_Sj and Rx_DCD? How are they
different from Rx_Clock_Recovery_Rj, Rx_Clock_Recovery_Sj and
Rx_Clock_Recovery_DCD?

4.       Why there is no Rx_Sj_frequency

Thanks,
Fangyi