[ibis-macro] Re: Eye mask question

  • From: Scott McMorrow <scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Arpad_Muranyi@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Dec 2009 13:51:36 -0500

Not knowing the specifics of how this all works, shouldn't an eye center be located at the mean of the horizontal(time) and vertical(voltage) sampler probability distributions, since I assume that the computed sampler PDF has been included in the computation for the effective eye after sampling.

Muranyi, Arpad wrote:
Sorry for my poor problem statement...

I mean the output of Rx (as it comes back from
Rx GetWave), used together with the clock ticks
from Rx GetWave to formulate the eye.

From: Todd Westerhoff [mailto:twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx] Sent: Tuesday, December 08, 2009 12:40 PM
To: Muranyi, Arpad
Cc: IBIS-ATM
Subject: Re: [ibis-macro] Eye mask question

Arpad,

Not meaning to be enigmatic here, but what signal(s) are you thinking get used to generate the eye diagram, and how?

Todd.

Todd Westerhoff
VP, Software Products
SiSoft
6 Clock Tower Place, Suite 250
Maynard, MA 01754
(978) 461-0449 x24
twesterh@xxxxxxxxxx
www.sisoft.com

Muranyi, Arpad wrote:
Hello IBIS-AMI experts,

This is a question regarding the analysis/evaluation
of the results we get back from an AMI simulation.

How does the user decide whether the eye is good or bad?

Naturally we have this thing called eye mask (template)
which we would all be able to drop into the eye without
touching any of the waveforms.  But where are we trying
to position it?  Anywhere it fits the best way?  Or is
it supposed to be positioned at a certain location?

Thanks for any feedback in advance,

Scott McMorrow
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC
121 North River Drive
Narragansett, RI 02882
(401) 284-1827 Business
(401) 284-1840 Fax

http://www.teraspeed.com

Teraspeed® is the registered service mark of
Teraspeed Consulting Group LLC