[ian-reeds-games] suggestion: making not_flying a valid flag in units and structure files

  • From: "Dickson Tan" <dickson.jaws@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 22:10:32 +0800

Hey Ian

For one of my maps, I've got a boss unit trapped behind a structure that
dies after some rounds because I couldn't think of any other way to have it
come into the battle after x rounds have elapsed. Unfortunately, when I made
that unit flying, it was able to fly right over the structure and coming
into the battle much sooner than it should. I really want this unit to fly
as it makes him much more difficult to kill. I've thought of making the
tiles around the unit a different terrain because of not_flying and giving
this unit a skill that changes terrain types but I'm not sure how I would
get it to target the proper squares at the right time. Can you make
not_flying a valid flag in units and structures so that flying units can
better be imprisoned?

Dickson