[ian-reeds-games] Re: starship basics map

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Feb 2013 13:03:57 -0500

Hi Shawn,
Lol, Borg versus the Planet Killer sounds like a wrestling pay per view main
event!
It would be fun to watch them duke it out. The PK might win just cause it can
pump out serious damage.

I wouldn't mind some of those same kind of missions, but it is a war game and I
think there is just limits to what it is designed to do. Still, it is going to
be one heck of a game regardless cause it is just so customizable. My biggest
problem is that I want star trek like voices saying  cursor like things like
aye aye captain, or yes admiral and stuff like that. Just voices that give
input on systems perhaps, like when a point value goes to some level the voice
could say, "low on shelds" and things of that nature, lol.

The suppply and demand map is not my  forte. I might be able to do a little
bit, but I don't get into those kind of games that much, except for very rare
exceptions.

Any help is appreciated, grin. Right now I am just trying to make the maps in a
basic fashion so I can fill in the details later, or even change sounds and
stuff like that.

It isn't that farfetched to imagine a juggernaught holding larger vessels then
fighters. in the tabletop wargame this is loosely    based on, there is a snake
like race called the andromedan. They invade the galaxy from andromeda for
reasons I forget.

Essentially, they have these massive ships called dominators, and they hold
destroyer class ships in them which have a large score of duties. They are
called maulers if I remember right. These destroyer class ships  would be
everything from electronic warfare to minesweepers/mine layers, they transport
troops to planets, they escort and tender scout and everything else. So I can
see a new class of ship among the six races called destroyers which could   be
carried by those massive ships.
I figure they would be around  100 hull light shields, medium phasers, but not
sure about photons. If they carried heavy weapons, it wouldn't be much. They
would have higher amounts of supplies, and other unusual gear not normally
found on the other starships. With sight range mods, we can do electronic
warfare, mines can be swept now with change terrain flags, and I am still
trying to build a better cloaking device, lol.

I got to look at my map and see where I screwed up. That upsets me that
something is wrong with the earlier maps and I hope I didn't do something
totally stupid.