[ian-reeds-games] starship basics map

  • From: shaun everiss <sm.everiss@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Feb 2013 14:50:28 +1300

                                                Hi allan.
Had some time to play with all maps you fiddled with.
The titon maps are really hard.
I found the pods in map2 but have no idea where to send them.
next I managed to get data to a pod and got it to jump on the second try I was detected and had to wait to cloak was eventoally destroyed in all 3 maps.
However because of the pods the game never ended at all.
the enemy didn't care about them and so the game was locked in that mode till I exited the map. The moment in time though incomplete was interesting still could do with some fleshing out.
the to kill a titon map is real hard.
There are 3 juggernaughts, 2 battle cruisers 3 frames and 2 birds of prey.
My ships managed to kill 3 frames, 2 birds, and 2 juggernaughts but that was about it.
There are to many ships.
As for the borg I thought of an idea but I tried it myself but the game didn't like it. There should be a mission where or at least some reason to upgrade all ships or at least the federation to juggernaught class. the story would have to change a bit after the fog of war map ends and have some gap till the borg came or maybe after the borg came, have earth as the final destination, have a map where you fight the borg but are slaughtered and can't win at all, then somehow have a couple maps where you get juggernaught upgrades to everyone test them on various things have small arcs where maybe the orians try to steal one or something they are pirates after all then maybe have everyone with juggernaughts.
Ofcause the borg would have to be beefed but they could be more like borg then.
ofcause juggernaughts would have to take a lot more punishment than standard dreadnaughts and after the total war map be able to take a lot more to handle the borg.
ofcause the handycap would be they wouldn't be fast.
however being so big I wander if they could launch cruisers, heavy medium and light maybe more dreadnaughts but that could be overkill but you think on that, there are just ideas. This game really rocks, since the trek shows stopped I have been pining for trek.
Now I get to fly ships like in eleteforce.
I think there should be more story arcs after the current one with exploration and conflict peacefull things to, and ship stuff.
the engine for this grows and grows.