[ian-reeds-games] Re: shields

  • From: Austen Perry <austentheaxewielder@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 10:14:24 -0600

hey, first
all weapons accept 1 or 2, do shield point damage, hulk torpedos do 5
to shields points, and i think storm torpedos do like 4.
this said, the idea right now is that the shield deflects most of the
damage, and takes damage itself.
when its the turn to put shields up again, if you've hit them enough
they won't have enough shield points to put it up, it was the only way
to make shields breakable.
look in the fire skills, as they all as said have
shield_power_inflict= flags in them.
the only that dont i think are phasers and pulse wave, but i could be wrong.
i also like the shield damage idea,
its what i suggested when i first thought of this idea.
the only thing i would find different,
when attacking,
you fire a storm torpedo at rage the evil cruser
rages shields deflect 30 of the overall damage
the evil cruser takes 10 of the overall damage.
this way, you wouldn't need to specify what type of damage is being
diflected or passed, and would free up the wording.
also, i realy like the idea that when shield points go to 0, the
shield affect is taken off the ship. its exactlly what i'm shooting
for, and doing this would make the shields automaticaly go down rather
than take a turn or two to put back up.
it would also be interesting if you could use power from your ship to
strenthn your shields, like instead of fireing weapons you could give
your shields 30 of your power, wich could increase all resistances the
shield effect gives by 30 percent or 15 percent, as in books and
movies where in one turn the shields would be slightly stronger at the
cost of fireing weapons.
thanks for taking a look at the maps though, glad to see people helping.

austen