[ian-reeds-games] Re: removeing effects problem

  • From: "Allan Thompson" <allan1.thompson@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <ian-reeds-games@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 19:14:28 -0400

Hi Craig,

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/68028683/test%20starlords.zip

I don't mind if people check it out. It is just been slow going for me.

There is only the one map.

The two units on the map are the banshee and the researcher who is an enemy
unit.

The banshee has the skill cloak banshee, which is activated by hitting C.
This turns the banshee into the new unit stealth banshee.
The researcher will then cast defense matrix on himself and do a skill
called sensor sweep.

The sensor sweep does change the stealth banshee  back into a regular
banshee.
However, the skill has a remove_effects in it for an effect that is called
"stealthed banshee".

That effect is present in order to make the cloak a little more manageable.
Originally it would just stay on indefinitely.  Now it only lasts four
rounds. In the original sighted game, the  unit would actually have an
energy resource which would drain during  the cloaks use. When the energy
was gone, the cloak turned off. I was unable to simulate this, so this was
my attempt to try to limit the cloak a bit.

Anyway, you will notice that the  stealthed banshee effect still remains on
the banshee, despite being taken out of stealth banshee mode and made
normal.

Likewise, the uncloak skill when the stealth banshee is present despite
having the self remove effects flag will also not remove the effect.

Lastly, if you let the time run out on the effect, the program will announce
that the unit has nothing to change back into, and that happens in regular
banshee unit mode...but the effect really should not have been present.

I hope that made sense.

If you or anyone else wants to play with it, or dig into it, feel free.
Thanks for looking at this Craig, I appreciate it.